Welcome to Seminary. There are two distinct ways of applying to ACTS Seminaries. The degree program application is for students interested in one of our degree or diploma programs. The occasional student quick application will allow you to get started with a course or two, without going through the regular application process.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Either go to the Questions page or contact one of our graduate admissions advisors. We are always happy to help.



International Students

Qualified international students can be admitted on the same basis as other students. However, international students should take note of the following information.

Applicants are urged to submit their application and all required elements as early as possible. We recommend the complete file for international students be received at least 6 months prior to the anticipated start of your studies to allow the necessary time for the application with Immigration Canada.

– May 1 for the Fall Semester.
– September 1 for the Spring Semester.
– January 1 for the Summer Semester.

Canadian Immigration authorities may only grant a student visa to an international student if he or she has been accepted by a seminary into a specific program. Further information may be acquired from the Canadian Immigration website, the regional Canadian Consulate in your home country or by writing to the Canadian Bureau of International Education, #408-151 Slater Street, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1P 5H3.

A letter of acceptance may not be sent by a seminary until the applicant has provided evidence of sufficient funds to support him or herself during the first full year of resident studies. In addition, all international students must be fully covered by medical insurance. Insurance coverage is available upon arrival in British Columbia. For more information check out the MSP website. Certification of medical insurance must be produced at registration by USA students.

All landed immigrants in Canada seeking to enter the United States as non-immigrants must possess a valid passport and non-immigrant visa in order to enter. Please consult Citizenship and Immigration Canada for the most current policies.


Trinity Western University has a housing website that you can access to see what’s available in the community. There may be very limited housing available on the campus for graduate students. The website will give you all the information you need, including a person to contact, so you can begin your search.


International students at ACTS have the freedom to work off-campus in practicums or internships that are a requirement of their academic program. Off campus employment is not available to international students in a Theological degree program, such as the ones offered through ACTS. Please consult the Immigration Canada website for full information and regulations governing all off campus work for International students.

All students are required to have medical insurance. Non-Canadian students living in Canada to attend school must enroll with BC Medical Services Plan. Because of the 90 day waiting period, interim medical insurance is available for non-Canadian students. American students, living in the US and commuting for classes, must have medical insurance that extends to their travels to and from Canada.

When you come to the school, you will be given an opportunity to get medical health coverage under BC Medical. Please check out the TWU Wellness Centre for more information. The Health and Wellness Center is located in the Douglas Centre Building. A map of the campus is available here.

The Writing Centre is available to help students with their writing skills and assignments. This is a good place to come when you need help on the many papers you have to write at ACTS. The Writing Centre is located in the Douglas Centre Building. (Same building as the Wellness Centre).

Students who study at ACTS are required to have sufficient English abilities for all academic programs. These abilities include reading, writing, speaking and listening in English. Students for whom English is a second language must provide an English Proficiency Score before they can begin study in their chosen program. The minimum score requirements followed by ACTS are based on the Internet Based Test (IBT) administered by Educational Testing Services located here

The following minimum scores (based on the IBT) are required:

  • 100 Total Score for MAMFT, Dmin, MTS/MTH, and MLE programs.
  • 85 Total Score for MACS and MDIV, but students who score below 90 will receive mandatory ESL assistance.

Students who want to submit their score using IBT, should use the Trinity Western University code 0876 in order for your score to be forwarded to our application.

Students for whom additional learning in English skills is required, are encouraged to inquire with the ESLI program (English as a Second Language Institute) on the TWU campus.

Policies related to cost for children of international students studying at ACTS Seminaries to enroll in a local public school varies with each school district. ACTS students generally live in one of the following regions and should consult the school district offices for information.

Langley School District

Surrey School District

Abbotsford School District


All Masters and Diploma applications should be submitted by:

  • July 1 for the Fall Semester.
  • November 1 for the Spring Semester.
  • March 1 for the Summer Semester.