Help Me

We want to make sure you have the tools and information needed to make good course selections and academic plans. We also understand that tools cannot take the place of personal conversations, that sometimes students need to ask questions, make requests, get updates, or just receive some encouragement and support. Please do not hesitate to contact us when you need personal assistance with program planning and other aspects of your academic life.


Our faculty and staff will be able to help you more effectively if you know a few things beforehand. Below are five basic categories of the more common frequently asked questions (FAQs).

Go to: The ACTS Admissions staff.
(, 604-513-2044)

Our admissions team is here to work with you from your first inquiry about ACTS until you are registered for classes. Contact team members (directly or through the address) with any admissions-related questions you may have.

You should feel free to speak with any other members of our faculty or staff as well. In particular, degree program chairs and program committee members can help you with questions about programs you are considering.

If you are admitted, be sure to go to Newly Admitted Students page to view instructions on getting started.

Go to: ACTS staff – in the ACTS main office.
(, 604-513-2044; or
– for quick, non-technical answers about how to use systems

Or go to the TWU Office of the Registrar (,
– for more detailed how-to information about the registration systems and help with things that aren’t working properly

Most questions in this category relate to the registration system: how to register for classes, how to change classes, how to pay tuition, how to check your student account, etc.

If you have questions about online or live-stream courses, you can contact the ACTS staff in the main office, or you may want to speak with the professor in charge of the class in view.

Go to: your degree program chair,
members of the program committee,
and other faculty who teach in the program.

In this area, usually people want to know more about program requirements and how they are interpreted, program-specific policies, the purpose, strengths and weaknesses of the program, how to succeed in the program, or advice on course selection and sequencing within the program.

A current list of program chairs and committee members is available here, together with contact information for ACTS faculty.

Below on this page is a Advising Question Form, fill it out and direct it to your program chair, or email them directly if you already know.

General – Go to: the TWU Office of the Registrar. (, 604-513-2070,

Specific – Go to: your degree program chair. (This may also be delegated to other members of the program committee.

“General” requests here involve standard academic processes, usually at the start or finish of a program. These include requests for transfer credit, letters of permission (to take classes elsewhere as a visiting student), and formal requests for graduation.

“Specific” request relate to special permissions or recognitions related to your degree program. These include requests for Advanced Standing (with or without credit), course substitutions, program exceptions and customizations, transfer credit that is non-standard or requested after the admission process.

For many academic requests, there are approval forms to sign and submit. These can be found on the ACTS website at

Go to: your Seminary Dean

Or go to: the TWU Financial Aid Office (,,

Students often discuss financial aid options with the Admissions staff as part of their admission process.

After admission and during your time as a student, the Dean of your particular seminary of enrolment will be helpful both for information about general ACTS financial aid and for information related to seminary-specific assistance.

The TWU Financial Aid Office manages general ACTS financial aid with the application systems that you use to apply. They can also help you with information about other forms of financial aid that fall outside ACTS and the Seminaries, and with information about broader policies and government legislation around student financial aid.

Go to: the ACTS faculty member(s) of your choice

All members of the ACTS faculty are familiar with the broader world of academe, as well as with the general programs, policies, culture, and community here at ACTS. Our faculty are all committed to the academic success, and the personal and spiritual growth of our students. And they are all nice people!

Do not hesitate to connect with faculty to discuss matters of academic life, and also of ministry, personal growth, biblical and theological issues, and anything else that might be relevant for conversation between a seminary student and his/her faculty members.

Obviously different faculty will have expertise in different areas. And every student will naturally connect with some members of the faculty more than with others. All are available to you, both for formal appointments and correspondence and for casual conversation around campus.

Go to the ACTS faculty page to view the faculty, learn a little about them, and get their contact info.

Go to: the ACTS main office – in person, by phone, at, or through (for further direction)

Or go to: your seminary Dean (for assistance and direction)

Concerns, grievances, and appeals come in various shapes and sizes. In the ACTS Academic Catalogue, and also on our website, you will find a statement of general principles and procedures that cover most scenarios. Forms for filing official academic appeals (eg: grade appeals) and lodging other formal complaints can be downloaded from the ACTS website. (

In most cases, formal concerns, grievances, and appeals are directed to the office of the ACTS Academic Dean. Concerns about campus harassment may go to a current harassment officer.

The Academic Dean’s office is located in the main ACTS office in the Fosmark Building. The office staff will either direct you to the ACTS Dean, or they will assist you in determining where to go and what the right process will be to care for your concerns.

If you feel more comfortable speaking with the Dean of your seminary of registration, he/she will also be able to assist you in getting the help you need for whatever issue you face. Other faculty and staff will be happy to assist as well, if you have established a relationship with them that makes you more comfortable to approach them with concerns.

Advising Question

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Email*
  • Student No.*
  • Program*Select One
    MACS / DCS
    MTS / MTH
    WSK (Korean)
  • Question*
  • 6
  • 7